Springtime may have you questioning your home insurance. Spring is a season of warmer temperatures, raindrops, green leaves, and blooming flowers. However, springtime can always bring its unpredicted heavy storms and hail.
An intense storm, whether rain or hail, could be very disastrous and costly if you are not properly prepared. Hailstorms cause almost $1 billion in property damage each year in the United States. In 2017 alone, severe storms caused almost $15 billion in damage. In fact, damage caused by floods or other disasters typically are not covered by a standard homeowners insurance plan. It’s crucial to be knowledgeable about insurance policies and what types of damage may or may not covered, so you are able to take the best course of action.
If a storm is approaching, stay up to date on the latest weather conditions and listen for constructive warnings. While it’s tough to predict Mother Nature, you can stay proactive and minimize the risk to your home if heavy, destructive storms and hail with these tips:
- Keep trees near your home trimmed and properly taken care of to prevent them from falling on your house during a storm
- Check the condition of your roof and apply repairs needed – clean gutters and downspouts
- Install a lightning protection system that will redirect lightning strikes safely into the ground
- Pull blinds and drapes over windows to prevent broken glass throughout the house
- Bring inside and tie down anything outside that could be blown around
- Stock an emergency kit with water, non-perishable foods, and flashlights
As a homeowner, rainstorms and hailstorms can cause unnecessary headaches when it comes to ensuring the protection of your family, you, and your home. Eliminate your worries and trust Stone Insurance Group to find the right insurance plan for your situation with the greatest incentives. At SIG, it is our goal to provide our clients with the upgrade they need, confirming that their most important assets will remain safe during all storms.
Let us help you choose the coverage that you can count on, no matter what Mother Nature sends your way! Contact us today at (832) 403-2066 or email@example.com for a complimentary quote.